Todoist is proud to offer discounted pricing in order to help support the journeys of our non-profit users.
Non-profits are eligible for a 50% discount on Todoist Business so that they can keep their teams organized and spend more time working towards their most important goals, while reducing costs.
How to apply for the discount
If you’re part of a non-profit organization and are interested in applying for the 50% discount, please follow the instructions below.
- Prior to applying for the discounted pricing, your organization needs a Todoist Business account.
- If you already have a Todoist Free or Todoist Premium account, you will need to upgrade to Todoist Business with a 30 day free trial.
- If you don’t have any Todoist or Todoist Business account, you can start your free Todoist Business trial here.
- Your organization’s name & website
- Brief description of your organization’s mission
- Email address and team name associated with the Todoist Business account you are wishing to receive a discount on
- Official documentation that proves non-profit status -- an example would be the 501(c)(3) or your country’s local version of similar documentation.
How the discount works
We will review your application and get back to you within 10 business days.
Once you’re approved, the discount will be applied to your Todoist Business fees from that moment onwards. Any future fees will be charged at 50% of the full cost.
Your discount will become active in one of 2 ways:
- If you’re new to Todoist Business and are still on your 30 day trial when you’re approved, you will have your first charge discounted by 50%. Note that if you're approved in the final few days of your trial, we may not have time to apply the discount to your first charge, so please apply as early as possible.
- If you’re an existing Todoist for Business customer, your next fee will be charged at 50% once your application has been approved.
If your approval is denied, we will email you directly to let you know.
Q: Can the discount apply to fees that I’ve already paid? Will it be prorated?
A: No, we cannot provide refunds to your organization for fees you’ve already paid. The discount will not be prorated in any way, either. However, we will certainly apply the discount to all future payments.
This also applies to the end of your free trial. If we approve your application after your 30 day free trial is over, we will not be able to reimburse you for the first month. That’s why it’s important to apply as early as possible.
Q: I’ve sent my application but haven’t heard back yet. How long does it take?
A: We will try to respond to inquiries within 10 business days. If it’s been over 10 days, you can follow up with us at email@example.com.
Q: Can I get the discount applied to Todoist Premium?
A: Because this discount only applies to non-profit organizations, it does not apply to Todoist Premium which is for individual use. Please upgrade to Todoist Business to apply for the discount.
Q: Do you offer discounts for educational or affiliate programs?
A: We do not currently offer discounted pricing on Todoist for educational organizations or affiliate programs. Nevertheless, we hope to launch a Todoist for Education plan in the future – please subscribe to the Doist Blog to receive updates.
Q: What if we can’t provide the requested information to prove that we are a non-profit? Can we still get the discount?
A: If you cannot prove that your organization is a non-profit per the documentation above, we will not be able to approve the discount. We will not be able to make any exceptions, unfortunately.
Q: What if I change my Todoist Business admin email address? What if I want to transfer ownership to another admin?
A: Your discount will apply to the Todoist Business account, not the email address itself. So as long as that account is active, it will still have the discount.