If you want to cancel your Todoist Business or Todoist Premium subscription and downgrade to a free account, here’s how:
On the web, the team admin should follow these steps to downgrade from Todoist Business.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right.
- Select Todoist Business Admin.
- Go to the Account & Billing tab.
- Click on the Cancel Todoist Business link.
- Confirm the cancellation by entering your password.
If you have subscription time remaining on your Todoist Business account when you downgrade, your account should be converted into Todoist Premium with the balance applied as well. Sometimes, this doesn’t work properly, in which case you lose your subscription and you should contact our support team to have that sorted out.
If you want to cancel your Premium subscription within 30 days after the purchase and get a refund, contact our support team. If you’ve had your subscription for over 30 days, you won’t be able to get a refund, but you can make sure your subscription is not set to auto-renew in the next billing cycle.
There are various ways to turn off auto-renew for Todoist Premium based on the payment method you used:
- Credit card payments made through Todoist will not auto-renew.
- App Store subscriptions auto-renew by default, so you need to manually cancel them. You can find the option to cancel the auto-renew by viewing your Apple ID in iTunes or the App Store and then selecting the “Subscriptions” option.
- PayPal and Google Play Store subscriptions may or may not auto-renew depending on many factors. In this case, you should check your PayPal or Play Store account and verify if there is a recurring Todoist subscription there. If there is, remove it directly.
If you are cancelling your Premium or Business subscription within 30 days of the purchase, you are eligible for a full refund in accordance with our refund policy.
Please contact our support team with the refund request and provide your payment receipt or order reference ID.
If you used the App Store to make the purchase, you must contact Apple directly to get the refund (as Apple doesn’t allow us to process refunds).