- Google Drive & Dropbox + Todoist
- Google Maps & Apple Maps + Todoist
- Zapier + Todoist
- Toggl Button + Todoist
- TaskClone + Todoist
- CloudMagic + Todoist
- IFTTT + Todoist
- Sunrise + Todoist
- Calendar Sync + Todoist
- Google Now + Todoist
- Dispatch + Todoist
- Mailplane + Todoist
- Airmail + Todoist
- Drafts + Todoist
- Workflow + Todoist
- PomoDone + Todoist
- 1Password + Todoist
- Powr of You + Todoist
- Mailbird + Todoist
- Yoke + Todoist
- Taco + Todoist
- Ginger Keyboard + Todoist
- Time Doctor + Todoist
- Rindle + Todoist
Todoist file sharing lets you upload, save and share your files from Dropbox and Google Drive (in addition to files from your computer’s hard drive) right to your tasks. You can upload files to Dropbox and Google Drive and link them to your Todoist tasks.
To upload and share a file:
- Hover over a task and click the note icon that appears next to its name.
- Click on the upload icon, then choose the location you’d like to upload a file from: Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Browse through your files and click the name of the file you’d like to attach.
Todoist’s location-aware notifications are available on Android and iOS and are integrated with Google Maps and Apple Maps, respectively. Thanks to these integrations, you can set task alerts to trigger when you’re arriving or leaving a certain place by selecting locations in either Google Maps or Apple Maps. Todoist saves the addresses of your last 10 locations, so that you can easily select the ones you use most frequently.
Location-aware reminders can be managed from any platform (including Gmail or Outlook), but they will only trigger a notification on-the-go when using Todoist on a GPS-enabled iOS or Android device. To activate location-aware reminders in iOS, tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn on Location Services and Reminders. On Android, everything is setup automatically.
Zapier + Todoist
Zapier lets you link Todoist to over 500 different apps like Evernote, Google Calendar, and Twitter. With Zapier, you can set up “zaps” such as saving completed tasks to Evernote, adding tasks to Google Calendar, syncing tasks from Podio to Todoist, and others.
Click on the link below to explore and set up your Todoist zaps: Todoist Zapbook page.
Open-sourced Google Chrome extension Toggl allows you to track the time you spend on each of your tasks directly within Todoist on the web.
- Install Toggl Button from Chrome Web Store.
- Log in to Toggl from the extension menu in the top-right corner of your browser window or from Toggl.com.
- Start the Toggl timer located inside Todoist next to the task you’re working on. The task’s name will be added to your Toggl time entry.
It works in real-time, so that when you are timing the task in Todoist, you can see it in action from within your Toggl account on the web:
TaskClone lets you send your Evernote (or other note taking app) tasks to Todoist. You can set up this automation in four simple steps that are explained in the article and video below:http://support.taskclone.com/customer/portal/articles/1591056-todoist-setup-and-use.
CloudMagic is an email client that lets you manage your workflows (including CRM, project management, collaboration, marketing, and more) directly from your inbox. Using the Todoist card in CloudMagic, you can turn any email into a Todoist task directly from your mobile phone. CloudMagic works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
IFTTT (If This Then That) lets you create powerful connections among various kinds of apps and services. Each connection is called a recipe. With IFTTT, you can set up recipes such as adding trending Reddit posts to your reading list, turning your Google Calendar events into tasks, notifying everyone on Slack when a new task has been created, and countless others. Recipes can either be private or you can share them with the rest of the IFTTT community.
To start creating your recipes, visit Todoist’s IFTTT Channel and activate it in your IFTTT account. After that, you’ll be able to link your Todoist account with over 200 different channels including Pocket, Evernote, Facebook, Slack, Twitter, Fitbit and many more.
Click on the link below to explore and set up your Todoist recipes: Todoist IFTTT recipes created by users.
Sunrise Calendar lets you see your Todoist tasks in Sunrise along with your Google Calendar, iCloud, and Exchange. It’s currently available on Desktop, iPhone, iPad and Android.
- In the Sunrise app, go to Settings > Accounts.
- Click the Connect button next to Todoist.
- Click the Done button.
Google Sync lets you sync your tasks with your calendar right from Todoist. It is compatible with Google Calendar, iCal, many versions of Outlook, and calendars that allow you to subscribe by URL. To access your iCal feed:
- Click the gear icon in the top right and select Todoist Settings.
- Click the General tab and copy your iCal feed URL.
The Google Now integration allows you to dictate Todoist tasks into your phone without ever entering the Todoist app. Simply open Google Now (or just say “OK Google” in Android 4.4+) and say something like, “note to buy bread”. When the speech recognition is complete, just choose Todoist from the list of apps that appears. (Note: you will only have to choose Todoist the first time). A “Buy bread” task will be created automatically in your Todoist inbox.
Dispatch allows you to easily turn your emails into Todoist tasks on your iOS devices. With options to set due dates and select priority levels, projects and labels, turning an email into a Todoist task couldn’t be easier! The email subject line will be the title of the task and the email body will be included in the task note. Dispatch works with with Gmail, Google Apps, iCloud, AOL, Yahoo!, FastMail, QQ.com, GMX.com, Openmailbox.org and any IMAP account.
Follow the instructions below to turn a Dispatch email into a Todoist task:
- Go to “Settings” and find “Actions” option.
- Scroll down to find “Todoist” and make sure Todoist is selected.
- Go to any of you email and press the triaging button in the bottom-right corner.
- Select Todoist and you will be prompted to log into your Todoist account.
- After you successfully logged into your Todoist account, you’ll see options to create a task the way you want.
- Tap "Create" in the top-right corner.
With Mailplane you can easily create tasks based on Gmail conversations. To get started:
- Open a conversation in Mailplane.
- Select the text you’d like to see in the note section of the new task. Mailplane copies the entire current message if you don’t select text.
- Choose Save to Todoist from the Edit menu.
- Edit the newly created task and press Add Task to save.
The Airmail plugin for Todoist allows you to link selected message(s) to your Todoist Inbox. To get started:
- Open Airmail, then go to Preferences > Services and click on Todoist.
- Connect your Todoist account with Airmail.
- Click on an email message that you would like to send to Todoist.
- Click on Messages in the Menu Bar, choose Send To > Todoist > Send to <project name>.
Learn more about Airmail > Todoist Plugin in the article below:
The Drafts action for Todoist allows you to create a new Todoist task right from your Drafts note. To get started, select your desired Todoist action from the directory, tap the "Install" button on a device with Drafts installed, and start using the action.
Learn more about Drafts > Todoist Action in the article below:
Workflow lets you to automate things you do on your iOS device by connecting Todoist and actions together. To build a workflow, just drag and drop together a series of actions.
Click on the link below to see an example workflow and download the app to get started:https://workflow.is/workflows/5e1b823457a74175ab458f5c3c9f94a3.
PomoDone lets you automatically track how much time you spend on each task using the Pomodoro Technique. You can filter time logs by source, project and date. You can also share your time logs with your teammates or export them any time you want.
- Create a Pomodone account.
- Connect your Todoist account with PomoDone.
- Select the Todoist projects you want to track in PomoDone.
- Define a Pomodone bucket for each project, and start using PomoDone to track your time.
1Password iOS 8 App Extension lets you log into your Todoist account automatically with 1Password and Touch ID.
- Tap the Sign in with my Account button on the Todoist log-in screen.
- Tap the 1Password button at the top right of the screen (you must have 1Password installed).
- Tap the 1Password extension and select your Todoist account to fill the data.
Powr of You lets you to learn more about your Todoist productivity through beautiful visualization and get actionable data that measures your productivity cycles on a daily basis. You can also see how your social media and browsing habits impact your productivity by comparing your Internet usage to your Todoist productivity.
- Create a Powr of You account.
- Add the Todoist card to your Dashboard by clicking the Connect button.
Mailbird lets you use Todoist within Mailbird to stay on top of all your most important tasks and projects from directly within the Mailbird app.
- Download the Mailbird Windows app.
- Switch on the Todoist integration.
Yoke lets you display the number of tasks in each of your Todoist projects through beautiful visualization.
- Create a Yoke account.
- Click the plus icon in the top-right corner and choose Card from the drop-down menu.
- Selecting Todoist from the list.
- Click Add a connection.
- Accept permission request by clicking the Agree button.
- Select a Todoist project, then click the Add it button.
Taco lets you create a unified task list from all of your task applications including Todoist, GitHub, Gmail, and many other services to make it easier prioritize their execution.
- Create a Taco account.
- Connect your Todoist account with Taco.
Ginger Keyboard lets you customize your Android keyboard with the apps you want to have there. Take notes, create tasks, send emails and chat for a truly optimized and productive mobile flow.
- Enable and select Ginger Keyboard.
- Tap the check-mark icon on Smart Bar at the top of your keyboard.
- Tap Open or New task and choose Todoist to open the app or create a Todoist task, respectively.
Time Doctor lets you keep track of how much time you and/or each person in your company spends on their projects and tasks.
Rindle helps you organize all of your tasks from various services in a single place.
- Click the Stream icon in the top left corner of your screen. This will expand and display your Stream.
- In the top right corner of your Stream, click the Settings icon.
- On your Active Drops screen, click the Add a Drop button. This launches the Drop Wizard which will take you step by step through the process.
- Select Todoist.
- Click authorize and follow the steps to connect the app with your account.
- Select a Drop and configure it. You’ll see a summary of the Drop that you configured.
- Click the Save Drop button. You’ll be taken back to your Active Drops screen. You'll now see the Drop that you just added.