Easily add an Outlook email to Todoist using the Todoist for Outlook plugin. Here’s how it works:
- From Outlook, select the email you want to turn into a task.
- In the Home tab, click on Create Task under the Todoist icon in the top right.
- A new task will be loaded into Todoist on the right. The task will consist of the email title and a link to the email as the content.
- You can fill out any additional details about the task including labels, priorities, dates or assignments by using the quick add options.
- Click Add Task.
Q: I'm having trouble using Todoist for Outlook. What can I do to fix it?
A: Here are a few tips that might help you get Todoist for Outlook up and running:
- Clear your add-in cache (ex. C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Todoist\Outlook\). Note that you can just delete all the contents of this folder as it will be just recreated once you log in again.
- Reinstall the add-in.
- If the add-in causes Outlook to crash, disable other plugins to identify if a conflict is causing the problem.
- Try a different proxy option - this is useful when the add-in is showing up as blank.