Getting Things Done (GTD) is a time-management method created by David Allen. It's based on the idea of moving planned tasks and projects out of the mind by recording them externally and then breaking them into actionable work items. Read more...
How to set up a Getting Things Done (GTD) workflow in Todoist:
- Capture all your tasks in the Inbox using our apps for desktop, mobile or wearable devices.
- Clarify your captured tasks and make sure that they are actionable with concrete next steps and successful outcomes.
- Organize your tasks into projects or split complex tasks into smaller tasks using sub-tasks. Assign due dates, labels and priorities for an even better organization.
- Reflect your days using Todoist's powerful filtering options. At end of each day, week or month use Todoist Karma to review your productivity.
- Engage with your tasks by working on them. Consider where you are ("context"), time available, energy available, and priority.
GTD and Getting Things Done are registered trademarks of David Allen & Co. Todoist is not affiliated with David Allen & Co. or Getting Things Done.